Persuasive Speech Self-Evaluation
After watching your final speech, answer the following questions in a 2-3 page essay, following writing guidelines set forth in our syllabus.
I. Style/ Delivery:
1. How would your rate your use of voice (volume, variation, rate, etc)? Did you sound interestd in your topic? Did you emphasize points?
2. Did you use facial expressions for interest/ emphasis? How do you think that affected your speech's impact?
3. Discuss you use of speaking notes and eye contact: Were you tied to your notes or the powerpoint? Did you look around the room at all audience members?
4. Did you look and sound professional? Why or why not?
5. What gestures were used? Any distracting habits?
6. Rate your style and delivery overall as excellent, good, could improve, or poor.
1. Did you effectively grab attention and present your thesis? How would you rate your intro's success?
2. How well did you connect your topic with your audience throughout? Give examples of where they were addressed.
3. Rate your use of transitions and how they effected the overall flow of your speech.
4. Did you establish credibility with strong cited sources? How many were cited outloud? How well did you conclude? Explain.
5. Was your visual aid effective? Tied into speech appropriately,
1. What goals did you see and did you meet them? Why or why not?
2. How would you rate the overall effectiveness of your speech? Explain.
3. What are two goals for any future public speaking opportunities you might find yourself in?