Mostly transition metals and their compounds are utilized as catalyst. The catalytic activity of transition metals is due to the reasons explained below:
1) They illustrate a variety of oxidation states and thus can form intermediate products with different reactants.
2) They are also capable of making interstitial compounds that can absorb and activate the reacting species.
Some illustrations of catalyst are:
1) Iron or molybdenum act as catalyst in the production of ammonia by Haber’s procedure.
2) Vanadium pentoxide (V2O5) is utilized for catalytic oxidation of SO2 to SO3
3) TiCl4 is used as a catalyst in the making of polythene.
Latest technology based Chemistry Online Tutoring Assistance
Tutors, at the www.tutorsglobe.com, take pledge to provide full satisfaction and assurance in D Block Elements homework help via online tutoring. Students are getting 100% satisfaction by online tutors across the globe. Here you can get homework help for D Block Elements, project ideas and tutorials. We provide email based D Block Elements homework help. You can join us to ask queries 24x7 with live, experienced and qualified online tutors specialized in D Block Elements. Through Online Tutoring, you would be able to complete your homework or assignments at your home. Tutors at the TutorsGlobe are committed to provide the best quality online tutoring assistance for Inorganic-Chemistry Homework Help and assignment help services. They use their experience, as they have solved thousands of the Chemistry assignments, which may help you to solve your complex issues of D Block Elements. TutorsGlobe assure for the best quality compliance to your homework. Compromise with quality is not in our dictionary. If we feel that we are not able to provide the homework help as per the deadline or given instruction by the student, we refund the money of the student without any delay.