Answer the questions:
Section 1: Define. Please define the following terms.
1. Motive -
2. Due Process -
4. Clearance Rate -
5. Criminal Law -
Section 2. Short Answer. Please answer the following questions.
6. List and explain the 2 major sources of crime statistics.
7. What 4 elements does the crime of 1st degree murder require?
8. What are the 4 broad categories of defenses to a criminal charge?
9. The crime clock distinguishes between what 2 categories of crime?
10. List and briefly explain the 3 elements necessary for a crime to take place.
11. What is justice? List the 4 types of justice.
12. What does the Criminal Justice System have a difficult time balancing? (Hint: Also the theme of the book.)
13. Which is NOT a justification used as a defense to criminal charges?
a. Defense of Others
d. Resisting Unlawful Arrest
14. What is the M'Naghten Rule?
15. List and briefly explain the 4 types of mens rea.
16. What are the 3 generic kinds of "corporate strategies" that guide American policing? Provide an example of 2 of the strategies.
17. Explain the difference between the consensus model and the conflict model.
Section 3: Essay. Please answer the following questions in detail.
Essay Question 1: List and explain in detail 5 of the 6 general categories of criminal law violations.
Essay Question 2: List and explain in detail the 5 Basic Purposes of policing.
BONUS QUESTION: List 5 of the 9 special categories of crime.