Watch the video and answer the following questions at the prescribed times.
At the 21-minute mark, stop the video and answer these questions:
- Why did Shackleton's vision for the expedition appeal to people in 1913?
- How did Shackleton rally support for the expedition?
- What was Shackleton's approach to hiring the crew, and why do you think he chose that approach?
At the 51 minute and 26-second mark, stop the video and answer these questions:
- Describe Shackleton's emotional intelligence, authenticity, positivity, and adaptability.
- How did Shackleton help sustain the crew's morale?
- Culture is defined as beliefs and assumptions held by most people. Describe the culture of the Endurance crew.
At the 1 hour 10-minute 7-second mark, stop the video and answer this question:
- What percentage of the crew do you think survived the expedition, and what is the basis for your answer?
At the 1 hour 29 minute 50-second mark, stop the video and answer this question:
- How did Frank Wild keep the Elephant Isle crew connected as a team?
After watching the entire video, answer these questions:
- What do you believe were the main reasons for the crew's survival?
- What were Shackleton's leadership weaknesses?
- We may not find ourselves in life-and-death leadership situations. Still, how will the story of the Endurance affect your leadership?