Assignment: Doctoral Paper Address Technology Deficiencies Healthcare
Based on the scenario and using a systems thinking approach, address the following:
1. According to Batchelor (2013), three problem area in EHR systems which hinder patient care and operational performance include missing functionality, slow performance and missing data. Elaborate on at least five systemic problems with the existing information systems that might hinder your facility from alerting the CDC about the occurrence and magnitude of anthrax poisoning.
2. With the current state of your organization's IT capability, what are the possible repercussions of the release of the contagion in the target area?
3. Visit the CDC website and research the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS). Explain how the NEDSS would permit the CDC to collect more complete data on anthrax outbreaks rapidly. Identify the reasons that NEDSS would likely be a more effective means of capturing, analyzing, and comparing data across the five cities.
4. Explain three technological strategies to prepare healthcare providers in the fivecity area in the event of a terrorist attack.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.