This topic review is a tool designed to prepare students for the Final Exam portion, which covers questions from Topic. The Final Exam will also include three questions from each of the previous quizzes, so study previous topic reviews as well. Instructors will grade the topic review for completion. Save the topic review to your computer and submit when complete.
When completing this review, answers should be in your own words or quoted with quotationmarks, and be drawn from one of the course readings (textbook and lecture referenced below), or other sources listed in the syllabus. Outside sources,including internet sites, are not acceptable. When quoting and paraphrasing, include all authors' last names for citations that have multiple authors. For quoted citations, be sure to include the page or paragraph number(s).
The exam will be graded for accuracy, so take time to seek the correct answers for this topic review before you attempt the exam. Once you start the exam, do notexit the exam until the entire exam is completed. Exiting out of the exambefore it is complete may result in a zero grade.
Please type your answers below each question.
1. Read the section on The Kingdom of God of the textbook and respond to the following:
a. Is it a present kingdom or a future kingdom?
b. Is it a physical kingdom or a spiritual kingdom?
c. List two other characteristics found in the reading.
2. Read the section on The Mission of God of the textbook and respond to the following:
a. How is it related to God's character?
b. How is God's mission characterized?
3. Read the sidebar on Finding Your Purpose of the textbook and describe the work ethic presented. What kind of work is best?
4. List God's purposes for our lives from Romans 8:28-29 (see Lecture 7).
5. Read the section on Belief and Behavior of the textbook and James 2:14-26. What is the relationship between faith and action?
6. According to Mark 8:34, is being a disciple of Jesus easy or costly?
7. Read the section on The Work of the Holy Spirit of the textbook. List two functions of the Spirit in a Christian's life.
8. According to the Westminster Shorter Catechism quoted in the lecture, what is the primary purpose of humanity?
9. Read 1 Corinthians 15:42-57 and list three characteristics of the glorified state.
Lecture 7. (2017). CWV-101: Christian Worldview. Phoenix, AZ: Grand Canyon University.
Pasley, M. (2015). Practical wisdom. In Grand Canyon University (Ed.), The beginning of wisdom: An introduction to Christian thought and life (2nd ed.).
Waddell, J. (2015). Developing personal wisdom. In Grand Canyon University (Ed.), The beginning of wisdom: An introduction to Christian thought and life (2nd ed.).