For this week's DB on Middle and South America please read the chapters on each and then watch some of the following films. You are expected to discuss a few of the significant challenges and advantages related to the region that are addressed in the films. Make sure you incorporate comments on them into your DB contributions. Remember that it is your responsibility to demonstrate that you have viewed the films in your postings.
Here are films from the W.H. Freeman site:
Kidnapped in Colombia
Social Programs at Root of Chavez's Popularity
U.S. - Venezuela Energy Ties Endure
Bolivian Energy Policy Causes Concern
Here are films from the PBS Frontline World site (https://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/r1.html):
- Mexico: Crimes at the border
- Tortillanomics: Food or fuel?
- Cuba: The art revolution
- Bolivia: On the road with Evo
- Colombia: This little old town
- Venezuela: A nation on edge
- Brazil: Cutting the wire
- Chile: The House Pedro Built. Surviving one of the biggest earthquaks in history
- Paraguay: Sounds of Hope