Assignment task: Please respond to the following questions based upon these course objectives:
1. Apply knowledge, with mentor guidance and supervision, of chronic and acute psychiatric mental health disorders using the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders diagnostic criteria to assess, diagnose and manage the patient populations across the lifespan including a focus on vulnerable populations at risk for mental health disorders.
2. Integrate, with mentor guidance and supervision, complete mental health assessment, interview, history, and physical exam data collection with the knowledge of pathophysiology and psychopathology of psychiatric mental health disorders across the lifespan to form differential diagnoses and implement therapeutic, patient-centered treatment plans and interventions for patient populations across the lifespan.
3. Merge, with mentor guidance and supervision, traditional and complementary pharmacological/non-pharmaceutical interventions into the treatment and management of psychiatric mental health disorders for patient populations across the lifespan.
4. Examine, evaluate, and demonstrate, with mentor guidance and supervision, professional development in the role of the nurse practitioner in the diagnosis and management of health and wellness as well as acute and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders illnesses for patient populations across the lifespan as a member of an interprofessional team.
5. Integrate, with mentor guidance and supervision, cultural, spiritual, and social competencies into therapeutic patient-centered treatment plans in connection with evidence-based findings to the diagnosis and management of individuals, groups, and families across the lifespan with acute, complex, and chronic psychiatric mental health disorders.
6. Analyze, with mentor guidance and supervision, professional values and core ethical/legal standards into the practice of the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner role with relation to patient/staff safety, quality indicators, and health outcome improvement in the delivery of quality psychiatric mental health care to patients.
7. Identifies, with mentor guidance and supervision, the highest level of professionalism and accountability for the PMHNP role for transition into clinical practice.