Organizational leaders are expected to create realistic visions for their companies and the employees they guide, but these visions often have characteristics or properties that differ. There is, therefore, the realization that there is no one best leadership style to guide employees toward accomplishing organizational goals.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the leadership style(s) of a senior executive (CEO, CFO, COO, Director, etc.) in your current or previous organization who made a positive or negative impact on you.
- Analyze the organizational structure and culture of the company for which you work (or would like to work) to determine its approach to team development, and whether that approach helped to enhance your relationship skills in the workplace.
- Evaluate the performance of your selected leader based on his or her ethical conduct and effective communication to determine if this leader was successful in motivating and empowering you to improve on your work performance. Explain your answer.
- Determine three (3) best practices organizational leaders can use to motivate employees and discuss their potential benefits.
- Discuss some of the challenges leaders encounter when managing diversity and how diversity helps business organizations better compete in global markets.
- Develop an effective business strategy to address the challenges and issues you have identified above.
- Use at least five (5) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the principal theories of leadership and motivation, and describe the fundamental considerations in managing and motivating individual and group behavior.
- Explain the multiple aspects of the managerial planning process and the application of various business and corporate-level strategies.
- Assess how various leadership styles fit cultural differences and effectively operate in global markets.
- Analyze the importance of ethical behavior to an organization's culture and the new ethical dilemmas created by globalization
- Describe actions to improve communications, manage conflict, develop strong organizational culture, and improve the ethical behavior in organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.