TASK 1 -
An essay is a piece of continuous writing that contains an argument to address the topic. An essay requires the writer to argue, defend or justify a point of view about the topic task. Essay writers provide appropriate reference material to support their arguments. Their material presents and discusses any conflicting evidence in order to reach a conclusion.
Analysis comprises an assessment of the value of the ideas or information presented in the essay. Students are expected to provide both information and analysis in the essay.
The impact of and responses to globalised ‘Big Business' on national and regional cultures
Write your essay by addressing the FOUR following tasks:
1. Literature Review. This will focus on a summary of the VIEWS presented by at least three sources. These writers' views should consider / examine the impact of and responses to globalised Big Business on national and regional cultures.
2. Describe and explain THREE forms or types of impact that Big Business has had on culture, be it national or regional. This impact will be seen as negative. Show how this impact is evident or demonstrated. Support your response with reference to relevant and appropriate sources. At least two sources must be used.
3. Identify and analyse THREE responses or approaches that can be used by businesses to overcome or deal with these forms of impact. Support your response with reference to relevant and appropriate sources. At least two sources must be used.
4. Using TWO of the organizations provided in the list (see Page 3), compare TWO AUSTRALIAN businesses that have developed and applied successful marketing strategies or responses in dealing with national or regional culture.
TASK 2 - organisation list:
These organisations are either Australian, or multinationals from other countries but which have an Australian identity and presence.
The following list of Australian organizations must be used for Task 4. You are allowed to use ONLY this list. You are not permitted to use organizations that are not on this list. Choose only TWO from this list to use in your response to Task 4. Some of the included links are to specific parts of the websites.
• Apple - ‘The way we do business worldwide':-
NB: Apple does not have an ‘Australian' website except for what serves as a store.
• CottonOn Australia -
• Ford Australia -
(BMW Australia has not been included because it has no information about itself or its involvement with the community! Boo BMW!)
• IBM Australia - ‘About IBM' -
• McDonalds Australia -
• Microsoft in education, in Australia -
• Quicksilver -
• Rio Tinto -
• Toyota Australia -
• Ugg Australia -
Use organisation information from Deakin online databases, organisation websites or other sources. All sources must be properly referenced and cited. Sources must be from 2005 to 2015. Try to use sources from 2012 and above; currency is essential!