For reflective journal overview pls refer to the link-Journal Entry: Identifying Opportunities for Personal and Professional
1. Based on your responses in Journal Entries 4 and 5, identify support networks you can access to help you address the areas of improvement you identified.
Identify at least one (1) support network within your organisation and at least one (1) support network external to your organisation. Discuss how each can help you address areas of improvement you identified.
2. Select development opportunities or options you can use or access to help you address each area of improvement you identified in Journal Entries 4 and 5. Each of the development opportunities or options you select must be suitable for your personal learning style.
3. Consult with a specialist in your vocational placement and discuss with them about options available for further training for you that will help you support your personal and professional development in your current work role. Provide a summary of this consultation.
? Specialists may include but are not limited to: counsellors, doctors, physicians, cultural and language interpreters, and or your supervisor (only if they are specialising in a particular area), and other similar personnel. If you are consulting with your supervisor, indicate their specialisation.
? In this consultation, the specialist must be able to provide advice for you regarding opportunities for personal and professional development as relevant to your current work role.
? The specialist must also confirm if you require further training that the candidate can attend during their vocational placement. If so, the specialist must specify the type of training required.
Journal Entry 1: Undertaking Personal and Professional Development
1. Consider networks that you have participated in during your vocational placement. Identify and describe the networks you participated in to help you enhance your personal knowledge, skills, and work relationships.
2. Describe at least two (2) skills that you developed during your vocational placement.
Discuss how each of these new skills helps you achieve and maintain a competitive edge relevant to your current work role.
3. Evaluate two (2) development options/opportunities that you accessed or used as part of your personal and professional development.
? Development options/opportunities may include but not limited to training, workshops, seminar, forums, and or networks you participated in and or the coaching/mentoring you received during your vocational placement.
Your evaluation may include a discussion on how effective these options were or a comparison between your initial expectations and actual outcomes.
Journal Entry 2: Maintaining Work-Life Balance
1. Identify and describe at least two (2) of your personal needs and requirements for self-care while undertaking personal and professional development.
2. Discuss how you maintain appropriate work-life balance while completing your vocational placement.
3. Discuss how you manage your own stress while completing your vocational placement.
4. Discuss how you ensure your health is attended to while completing your vocational placement.