Discussion Post: Social Work
Post 300 to 500 words response in which you address the following:
1) Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may need clinical attention). Keep in mind a diagnosis covers the most recent 12 months.
2) Explain the diagnosis by matching the symptoms identified in the case to the specific criteria for the diagnosis.
3) Support your decision by identifying the symptoms which meet specific criteria for each diagnosis.
4) Identify any close differentials and why they were eliminated. Concisely support your decisions with the case materials and readings.
5) Explain how diagnosing a client with a personality disorder may affect their treatment.
6) Analyze how power and privilege may influence who is labeled with a personality disorder and which types of personality disorders.
7) Identify how trauma affects the case, either precipitating the diagnosis and/or resulting from related symptoms or treatment of diagnosis.
The response must include a reference list. Using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, double-space, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.