1. Define the concept of motivation and discuss its important characteristics. Identify and explain what personally motivates you in life.
2. Explain the concept of nature versus nurture. Provide your opinion on whether behavior can be attributed to nature, nurture, or a combination of both. Provide examples when explaining your answer.
3. Explain the similarities and differences between the early instinct theories and classical ethological theories. Why are the differences often stressed between these theories?
4. Define stress and explain how it has become a major contributing factor to disease and illness. Discuss how stress affects you physically and psychologically and explain how you manage stress.
5. Define aggression and identify the brain structures that influence aggressive behavior. Describe Moyer's seven types of aggression and identify which types of aggression you have used or witnessed others using (provide personal examples).