Strategic planning is a critical element for health care professionals and their organizations. It is based on their mission and driven by their vision. It is a dynamic process that all members of an organization need to drive. SWOT analysis is a driving force in the planning process and marketing approaches. Social media has become the new "word of Mouth" marketing but is much more far reaching.
As you prepare to do a SWOT analysis on your provider, decide what role marketing is playing in their goals as far as helping to achieve the strategies outlined in their strategic plan. Consider how they are positioning themselves to reach their target markets and the importance of a marketing assessment.
According to Buchbinder, "Marketing is a management orientation centered on value and customer satisfaction and an organizational function that is integrally related to the organization's mission, objectives, and resources" (p. 134). (1)
Writing a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis for a health care provider of your choice.
Choose a health care provider that you are familiar with (Home Health Provider) Conduct several Internet and library searches. Specifically, you may want to look at the following:
- The health provider website: Annual reports, et cetera.
- CMS.Gov quality reports.
- Healthgrades data and/or patient satisfaction scores.
- County or regional demographics.
You may submit a typed paper or a PowerPoint presentation containing the following information:
Introduce your provider and provide background information
Based on the information gathered, develop a SWOT analysis in a chart or list format. Please include:
- Two strengths of your provider.
- Two weaknesses of your provider.
- Two opportunities for your provider.
- Two threats to this provider.
1. Provide reasoning and support for your analysis (minimum of two sentences per part of the SWOT analysis.
2. Develop one marketing flyer directed to a particular segment of the provider's market that highlights its strengths.
3. Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
Develop a marketing flyer for a healthcare provider that is informed by a SWOT analysis.