Required Textbook: The Sage Guide to Writing In Corrections; Steven Hougland and Jennifer M. Allen.
You may use 1 or 2 additional verifiable sources.
Follow guidelines for answering questions:
1. Does your response directly answer each part of the assignment question(s)?
2. Does your response clearly show you have read and understand the lesson content by correctly defining key terms, key persons and summarizing concepts? Have you made inferences based on this knowledge to personal or modern-day applications?
3. Have you clearly state analysis and give examples to back them up? Does your response provide analysis to the larger concepts of the lessons?
4. Do you write clearly, in complete sentences, with minimal errors in grammar and spelling? Did you use the APA Method of Citation where needed?
Questions to be answered:
1. What level of information literacy should an officer have as a private, sargent, lieutenant, and chief. Explain at each level and include examples to illustrate.
2. How does an individual determine the legitimacy of the information they receive? What factors should they consider? Explain and give examples? Does a printed source have more validity than a verbal source? How does one determine if the information they receive is FACT or OPINION?