Assignment: Risk Management And Patient Safety
Read the following:
Risk Management in Executive Levels of Healthcare Organizations: Insights from a Scoping Review (2018).
Should a Good Risk Manager Worry About Cost and Price Transparency in Health Care?
Watch the YouTube video: "Security 101: Security Risk Analysis".
In response to the health care reform, healthcare organizations need to engage in quality improvement, maintain patient safety, and protect the organization's assets, as well as maintain community standing proactively and methodically. It will require processes and systems, leadership commitment, and health care professionals' involvement.
In 300 to 400 words address the following:
1) Define the relationship between risk management, quality improvement, and patient safety.
2) Describe the components of a risk management program and how the risk management process can reduce organizational risks.
3) Examine the roles and responsibilities of a risk manager as well as those of the clinical delivery team, including physicians.
4) Examine one risk management methodology, strategy, or tool. Be sure to describe your selection and its applications.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
(1) The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
(2) The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
(3) Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.