Homework: Secure Storage & Retrieval Process for Healthcare Data
Create a security plan for a medium sized health care facility. In your security plan, evaluate how you would approach security threats from both inside and outside the organization. Be sure that you address the following items in your security plan:
• physical and administrative safeguards: employee education, health information archival and retrieval systems, disaster recovery, storage media
• access safeguards: authentication, password management
• network safeguards: cloud computing, firewalls, encryption / decryption and using mobile devices to deliver healthcare
Critique the plan you have written, identifying its strengths, elements that were not covered in the text, and any additional omissions or weaknesses of the plan.
Format your homework according to the give formatting requirements:
1. The answer must be double spaced, typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the homework, the course title, the student's name, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Audit Program: United States Department of Health & Human Services.