1. When one marble hit the end of the line of marbles, how many shot off the other end? Describe the momentum of the set of marbles before and after the collision (assume elastic collisions).
2. How did the speed of the marble that comes off the end of the line change as you increased the speed of the marble that travels down the chute? Use what you know about the conservation of momentum to describe what is happening.
3. What happened when you sent two marbles down the runway? Is this what you predicted? Explain why or why not.
4. How did the result change when both marbles were moving toward each other before the collision?
5. What do you predict would happen to two marbles after a collision if you slowly rolled a marble down the runway and then flicked a second marble faster in the same direction?