Assignment: Immigration Law, Power And Politics Essay
1- Discuss contrasts in how two states Washington and New York State approach a diversity issue, regarding immigrants using theoretical ideas of power, that might explain the differences between how each state has handled the immigration issues and includes supporting citations from scholarly sources. Include the following
• Discuss other possible explanations for the differences in how each state's government has approached immigration topic. Address the following potential factors:
• Demographics of the state population, including age, race/ethnicity, gender, and percentage of the population in urban versus rural areas.
• Socioeconomic standing, including median or average income and education levels of the population, as well as the overall economic well-being of each state.
• come up with another of your own that might explain the divergent approaches you have identified.
2- Discusses difference in immigration law, in each states (Washington and New York) with varying approaches to a diversity issue and cites specific examples of their application. Be sure to deep analysis how the Law rules and standards enforced by each state.
3- Analyzes using statistics data to project how each state policies might affect population migration, including a discussion of past migrations for context and citations for scholarly sources. Be sure to Answer the following, incorporating data to support your answers:
• To what extent have these states' existing policies and laws affected past migration patterns of the groups affected immigrants?
• How might future migration patterns be affected?
4- Discusses contrasts between the two states (Washington and New York State) in areas of politics and policy as they apply to a diversity issue, including real-world examples of their application.
5- Applies historical solutions to an issue where there are discrepancies between state and federal diversity law, and points out areas where the lessons learned might not be applicable.
• Why and how did the state change its laws?
• What lessons might be learned from this precedent, and how can those lessons be applied to your topic?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.