Central Limit Theorem:
Sampling Distribution of the Sample Means:
Rather than working with individual scores, statisticians frequently work with the means. What happens is that some samples are taken, the mean is evaluated for each sample and then the means are employed as the data, instead than individual scores being employed. The sample is a sampling distribution of sample means.
Whenever all the possible sample means are evaluated, then the given properties are true:
1) The mean of the sample means will be the mean of the population
2) The variance of sample means will be the variance of population divided by the sample size.
3) The standard deviation of the sample means (termed as the standard error of the mean) will be smaller than the population mean and will be equivalent to the standard deviation of population divided by the square root of sample size.
4) The sample means will encompass a normal distribution, whenever the population consists of a normal distribution, then the sample means will contain a normal distribution.
5) When the population is not normally distributed, however the sample size is adequately big, then the sample means will encompass an approximately normal distribution. Some of the books define adequately big as at least 30 and others as at least 31.
The formula for z-score whenever working with the sample means is as:
z = (x¯ - μ)/(σ/√n)Finite Population Correction Factor:
When the sample size is greater than 5% of the population size and the sampling is completed without replacement, then a correction requires to be made to the standard error of means.
In the above formula, N is the population size and n is the sample size. The adjustment is to multiply standard error by the square root of quotient of the difference between the sample sizes and population and one less than the population size.
Latest technology based Statistics Online Tutoring Assistance
Tutors, at the www.tutorsglobe.com, take pledge to provide full satisfaction and assurance in Statistics help via online tutoring. Students are getting 100% satisfaction by online tutors across the globe. Here you can get homework help for Statistics, project ideas and tutorials. We provide email based Statistics help. You can join us to ask queries 24x7 with live, experienced and qualified online tutors specialized in Statistics. Through Online Tutoring, you would be able to complete your homework or assignments at your home. Tutors at the TutorsGlobe are committed to provide the best quality online tutoring assistance for Statistics Homework help and assignment help services. They use their experience, as they have solved thousands of the Statistics assignments, which may help you to solve your complex issues of Statistics. TutorsGlobe assure for the best quality compliance to your homework. Compromise with quality is not in our dictionary. If we feel that we are not able to provide the homework help as per the deadline or given instruction by the student, we refund the money of the student without any delay.
Start Excelling in your courses, Ask an Expert and get answers for your homework and assignments!!