Criticism of marginal theory:
Below are some of the points of criticism against the marginal productivity theory of distribution:
1) Each and every product is a joint product and its value can’t be separately attributed to either labor or capital. Again, it is rather hard to measure the “productivity” of some categories of labor such as lawyers, doctors, and teachers who render services.
2. The theory acquires into account only by the factors executing on the side of demand by avoiding the supply side. For illustration, whenever there is scarcity of a factor, it is paid much greater than the normal price.
3. The theory depends on the supposition of perfect competition and complete employment. However in the real world, we have merely imperfect competition; we do not encompass perfect competition.
4. In practice, it is quite hard to vary the utilization of the factors of production.
5. The theory does not hold with it any ethical justification. When we accept the theory, it means that factors acquire the value of what they generate. For illustration, workers in a firm might get low wages not since their productivity is low however since there might be exploitation of labor. Therefore we must not make utilization of this theory to justify the existing system of asymmetrical distribution.
We might note that despite of above points of criticism against the theory, it elucidates the role of productivity in the determination of factor prices. In terms of Marshall, “the doctrine throws in clear light one of the causes which govern wages”.
Latest technology based Economics Online Tutoring Assistance
Tutors, at the www.tutorsglobe.com, take pledge to provide full satisfaction and assurance in Marginal Productivity help via online tutoring. Students are getting 100% satisfaction by online tutors across the globe. Here you can get homework help for Marginal Productivity, project ideas and tutorials. We provide email based Marginal Productivity help. You can join us to ask queries 24x7 with live, experienced and qualified online tutors specialized in Marginal Productivity. Through Online Tutoring, you would be able to complete your homework or assignments at your home. Tutors at the TutorsGlobe are committed to provide the best quality online tutoring assistance for Economics Homework help and assignment help services. They use their experience, as they have solved thousands of Economics assignments, which may help you to solve your complex issues of Marginal Productivity. TutorsGlobe assure for the best quality compliance to your homework. Compromise with quality is not in our dictionary. If we feel that we are not able to provide the homework help as per the deadline or given instruction by the student, we refund the money of the student without any delay.
Start Excelling in your courses, Ask an Expert and get answers for your homework and assignments!!