Natural resources comprise renewable and non-renewable resources found in our environment. They comprise: water, air, soil, wildlife and forests. These all are renewable natural resources. Fossil fuels (such as natural gas and petroleum) and minerals are the non-renewable resources. Man has been employing such resources for ages and this has led to the depletion of resources as the rate at which it is employed is faster than the rate of its replenishment. The result is depletion of our environment.
To check or reduce the level of pollution, we should conserve our natural resources, by employing the resources cleverly and continuously for the good of mankind and at the same time, conserve the natural environment from which they are sourced.
Natural resources are all helpful things provided in nature to animals, man and plants. A few illustrations of natural resources comprise: water, soil, forest & wildlife, minerals, sunlight, air, petroleum and natural gas.
Natural resources can be categorized into two:
1) Non-renewable natural resources
2) Renewable natural resources
Such resources are being employed by man devoid of the result being refill now is depletion and pollution. To prevent these, there is necessitating for conservation.
Need for Conservation:
Conservation is basically the use of natural resources in a manner that it is being protected from damage. A conservationist (that is, in ecological sense) is a person which is against 'unplanned growths which breaks environmental also human laws'.
The main aim of conservation then is:
a) To make sure the preservation of a quality atmosphere which provides aesthetic, recreational and material requires to man too.
b) To make sure sustainable employ of animals, plants and materials by establishing a balance use, re-use and renewal.
The need for conservation comprises:
Control and decrease of Human Population and Pollution Sources:
1) Control and reduction of human population:
This is an indirect process of conservation. Demand for world resources are raising because of rising human population. To conserve our natural resources, we should control our population when 'quality survival' is needed. To do this, we should be involved in the family planning. Family planning is a mode of controlling the number of children a couple can adequately caters for and, at the best time and space to encompass them.
2) Control and reduction of pollution sources:
Methods of controlling and decreasing pollution as an indirect method of conservation of resources. These comprise:
a) Control and reduction of air pollution: This can be accomplished by:
b) Control and reduction of noise pollution: This can be accomplished by:
c) Control and reduction of radiation pollution: This comprises:
d) Control and reduction of water pollution: This will comprise the treatment of sewage prior to releasing it into lakes, rivers or land through:
e) Control and reduction of land pollution: Land pollution can be decreased by:
3) Control and reduction of pollution by Education and Legislation.
Awareness through television, radio, newspapers, schools, community leaders would make us to deliberately decrease pollution actions. Severe laws and punishments will as well assist to decrease pollution in the states and national levels.
Conservation of non-renewable Resources:
Non-renewable resources comprise natural gas, petroleum and some minerals. In order to conserve them, we should do the given:
1) Search for option or renewable sources of energy. These might comprise the use of:
2) By reducing the fuel or petroleum needs and cutting down on wastages in our industries and homes. This can be accomplished by: (i) Employing enhanced and fuel efficient machines and equipment. (ii) Enhanced and better techniques of petroleum transportation, exploration and storage.
3) Better techniques of mineral and mining extraction.
4) Recycling of minerals and solid wastes like tins, glass, metal scraps, plastics and so on. This will conserve non-renewable resources such as metals, decrease trouble of waste disposal and ecological pollution.
Conservation of Renewable Resources:
Renewable resources comprise the land, water, atmosphere, forest and wildlife resources.
1) Conservation of Forest: The conservation of forests can be done in the following manner:
2) Conservation of wildlife: The conservation of wildlife can be done in the following manner:
3) Conservation of water bodies and marine resources: This can be accomplished by:
Benefits of conservation:
1) It lets us to live in a clean, healthy and civilized atmosphere.
2) It let us to employ our natural resources intelligently to rich and enhance quality of life.
3) It let us to value the aesthetics (that is, beauty) of our environment-beauty of lakes, mountains, waterfall and so on.
4) It let us to calm down and become tension free when we go on camping, bird watching, picnics and other outdoor leisure activities.
5) It lets and provides food and raw materials to industries, which is as well significant source revenue.
Tutorsglobe: A way to secure high grade in your curriculum (Online Tutoring)
Expand your confidence, grow study skills and improve your grades.
Since 2009, Tutorsglobe has proactively helped millions of students to get better grades in school, college or university and score well in competitive tests with live, one-on-one online tutoring.
Using an advanced developed tutoring system providing little or no wait time, the students are connected on-demand with a tutor at www.tutorsglobe.com. Students work one-on-one, in real-time with a tutor, communicating and studying using a virtual whiteboard technology. Scientific and mathematical notation, symbols, geometric figures, graphing and freehand drawing can be rendered quickly and easily in the advanced whiteboard.
Free to know our price and packages for online biology tutoring. Chat with us or submit request at email@example.com
Start Excelling in your courses, Ask an Expert and get answers for your homework and assignments!!