Assignment: Analysis of the Effects of Population Growth
Imagine you have been hired as a consultant for the United Nations. You have been asked to write an analysis of how global population growth has caused the following problem and how it affects climate change or population growth in a developing country of your choosing:
A growing global population that consumes natural resources is partially to blame for the release of greenhouse gases since human consumption patterns lead to deforestation, soil erosion, and farming (overturned dirt releases CO2). However, the critical issue is the burning of fossil fuels (hydrocarbons) such as coal, oil, and natural gas to produce energy that is used for things such as electricity production, and vehicle, heating, and cooking fuels.
The UN has also given you the following guidelines.
The UN has asked that your paper contain three sections. It has asked that each section be one page (or approximately 300 words) in length and answer specific questions, identified in the outline below. The UN also asks that you use examples from your developing country when answering the questions.
Provide an introduction (a half-page minimum) that addresses points a-e below.
• Explains the problem the UN has asked you to address in your own words;
• Identifies the three sections your paper will cover;
• Identifies the developing country you will consider;
• Tells the UN which causes of greenhouse gases you will explore; and
• Provides a one-sentence statement of your solutions at the end of your introduction paragraph.
Section 1: Background
• What are greenhouse gases?
• How do greenhouse gases contribute to global warming?
Section 2: How Emissions Cause Problems for the Developing World
• Which countries produce the most greenhouse gases?
• What are the economic challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
• What are the security challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
• What are the political challenges of these emissions (include examples from your chosen country)?
Section 3: Causes of Greenhouse Gases and Solutions to the Problems Greenhouse Gases Cause
• Name two causes of greenhouse gases.
• What are the potential solutions that address each of the causes you identified?
• What is the relationship between population control and greenhouse gas emissions?
• Provide a conclusion (a half-page minimum) that includes a summary of your findings that the United Nations can use to inform future policy decisions.
Format your assignment according to the give formatting requirements:
• The answer must be using Times New Roman font (size 12), double spaced, and typed, with one-inch margins on all sides.
• The response also includes a cover page containing the student's name, the title of the assignment, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
• Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.