Trends in terrorist attacks have evolved to become more and more complex as extensive planning, coordination, timing, and logistical support go into the attacks, such as with the bombings of September 11, 2001 and suicide bombing attacks.
Address the following in 4-5 pages:
- Research and explain the level of planning that went into the World Trade Center attacks on 9/11.
- How much time was spent planning? Explain.
- Where did the funding come from, and how was it used? Explain.
- Describe and explain the purpose of the activities that were conducted during this planning phase.
- Trace the use of bombing as a terrorist tactic from the mid-1950s (Algeria) to modern-day suicide bombings.
- What types of bombs were used in 1950s in Algeria? Explain.
- Where were those types of bombs typically placed? Why? Explain.
- What are the common targets for suicide bombers? Explain.
- Why is suicide bombing such an effective tactic to spread fear? Explain in detail.
- In what ways do kidnapping and/or assassination have their place in the terrorist toolbox? Explain.