1. How can viruses lead to cancer? Be sure to use specific examples (e.g. virus name and the cancer it causes) to illustrate your points.
2. What are the defining characteristics of protozoa in general, and, specifically, how can you differentiate the following phyla of protozoa: Archaezoa, Microspora, Amoebozoa, Apicomplexa, Ciliophora, and Euglenozoa? Be sure to use specific examples (e.g. specific species of protozoan) to illustrate your points
3. What are the defining characteristics and methods of reproduction of organisms belonging to the Kingdom Fungi in general, and how can you differentiate among the following three fungal phyla, Zygomycota, Ascomycota, and Basidiomycota, in terms of their method of reproduction, method of obtaining nutrients, and importance to humans
4. What are the distinguishing characteristics of lichens with regard to their nutritional needs, and what are the roles of the fungus and the alga that make up lichens?
5. What is the Bergey's Manual, and how is it used as a tool in the classification or identification of bacteria?