Assignment: Quality Improvement
Provide a short answer to each of the following questions:
• Discuss the integration of acceptance sampling with statistical process control in a quality system.
• Why is it important that a sample taken from a lot be random?
• What is meant by the term "statistically valid?"
• Discuss the information to be obtained from the OC curve for a particular sampling plan.
• How can a quality engineer make the OC curve closer to the ideal shape?
• Of what value is a cost of quality system to an organization?
• Why might there be some initial conflict between an organization's cost accounting and quality engineering departments in starting a cost of quality program?
• Why might prevention costs be referred to as an investment while failure costs might be referred to as true costs?
• Why does Deming refer to external failure costs as "unknown and unknowable?"
• Contrast Deming's and Crosby's views about the ability to quantify external failure costs.
• How do Taguchi's ideas about quality costs differ from the traditional view?
Format your assignment according to the give formatting requirements:
• The answer must be using Times New Roman font (size 12), double spaced, and typed, with one-inch margins on all sides.
• The response also includes a cover page containing the student's name, the title of the assignment, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
• Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.