1) Supporting an autonomous and positive face can be challenging. There are times when an autonomous and positive face can create conflict.
2) Provide an example of a time that this has happened to you or someone you know in your professional and personal experience. What did you do to resolve the issues of autonomous and positive face? Are the strategies you used for each different?
3) Forgiveness can be an integral part in conflict resolution and even a strong factor in psychological and physical health. Some philosophers state that forgiveness is a gift to the person doing the forgiving, not necessarily for the forgiven.
a) Compare and contrast the ideas of forgiveness and the concept of reconciliation, as they relate to communication.
b) Describe a situation in which someone has committed a difficult to forgive relational transgression against you and explain the advantages of forgiveness and reconciliation, emphasizing communication aspects.
c) Conclude by discussing how understanding these concepts informs your communication techniques in a conflict.
4) Your boss has asked you to lead a group of eight of your coworkers for a new project that will change several elements of your department. This is your first time in a leadership role and you anticipate that there will be a certain amount of conflict within this new group.
5) I, we learned about three types of workplace conflicts: organizational diversity and conflict, work-life conflict, and workplace bullying. Select one of these workplace conflicts and explain it in your own words. Provide an example of the conflict you chose and offer solutions to resolve this type of conflict.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
(1) The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
(2) The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
(3) Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.