Choose one of the following discussion question options to respond to:
Six Deadly Sins of M&A
1) Review Jack Welch's article "The Six Deadly Sins of Mergers and Acquisitions"
2) Locate and post a link to an article published in the last 5 years in The Wall Street Journal, or another reputable source, about a merger or acquisition that did not go as planned.
3) Which of these "sins" were committed, what issues arose as a result, and what behaviors could the organization have employed to prevent these errors?
1) Under what circumstances should an organization seek a strategic alliance?
2) Provide a specific example of a company where a strategic alliance was preferential to a merger or acquisition and summarize some of the unique challenges faced by the alliance leadership team.
3) What worked well and what did not?
4) How could the strategic alliance have been managed differently to be more beneficial to the organization(s)?
The response should include a reference list. One-inch margins, Using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, double-space and APA style of writing and citations.