Discussion Post: What Is Sociology
• You've learned that sociology is the study of human society and social behavior. That's a broad discipline! What is some aspect of human society or social behavior that you think might be interesting to study?
• What are you majoring in? Now, look through the table of contents in the book and decide which chapter you think might be most relevant to your major or specialization. Why do you think it will relate?
• What are the two 'draws' to sociology that Collins describes? Which of these seems more appealing to you? Why? What are the potential conflicts between these two different paths within sociology?
• There are many sociological theorists mentioned in Chapter 1. Looking at the information about these individuals, whose ideas do you find the most interesting? Why? Whose ideas do you find most uninteresting, or perhaps disagreeable? Why?
• List two of your relationships that are Gemeinschaft and two that are Gesellschaft. Which of these relationships are more important to you? Why?
The response must include a reference list. Using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, double-space, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.