Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read the instructor guidance along with the following resource: The Definitive Guide to Strategic Market Planning.
Choose one of the organizations from the list below or identify a nonprofit hospital in your community to research. Review the Mission, Vision, and Values (MVVs) statements from the organization. If the values statement is not available, please indicate that in your initial post. Note, this same list of organizations is provided for the assignment and the paper.
1) CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System
2) Cleveland Clinic
3) Henry Ford Health System
4) Lutheran Services in America
5) Mayo Clinic
7) Shriners Hospitals for Children
8) Jude Children's Research Hospital
9) Stanford Medical Center
10) Trinity Health
11) UC Davis Medical Center
12) University hospital or other nonprofit hospital in your community
13) University of Texas Health (UT Health)
14) Veteran's Health Administration (VHA)
Information search tips:
Search the organization's name on the internet. Open the homepage of the organization. Select the links for the different pages, usually located at the top of the webpage or in the footer section at the bottom of the page. In addition, you can enter the organization's name and the topic in the search box. For example, Cleveland Clinic Mission, Vision, and Values
For additional guidance, review the following resources:
1) What Is CRAAP? A Guide to Evaluating Web Sources.
2) Advanced Internet Search Techniques.
3) Keywords Are Critical.
In your initial post,
1) Identify the organization and provide a URL to the Mission, Vision and Values page.
2) Explain why the Mission, Vision, and Values are linked to the strategic plan.
3) Briefly discuss two goals you would expect to find in the strategic plan for the chosen organization and include your rationale for the choices.
4) Examine why it is important to include the marketing department in the strategic plan.
The response should include a reference list. Double-space, using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.