Homework: Models of Grieving
The death of a loved one is a significant event that everyone experiences. An individual's social environment, including societal and familial cultural factors, may influence how an individual approaches death or grieves the loss of someone else who dies. You can anticipate addressing grief in your social work practice and, therefore, should develop an understanding of the grieving process.
Models of grieving may identify stages through which an individual progresses in response to the death of a loved one; however, these stages do not necessarily occur in lockstep order. People who experience these stages may do so in different order or revisit stages in a circular fashion. Understanding the various ways individuals cope with grief helps you to anticipate their responses and to assist them in managing their grief. Select one model of grieving to address in this homework.
Addressing the needs of grieving family members can diminish your personal emotional, mental, and physical resources. In addition to developing strategies to assist grieving individuals in crisis, you must develop strategies that support self-care.
In this Homework, you apply a grieving model to work with families in a hospice environment and suggest strategies for self-care.
Submit 2 to 4 pages paper in which you:
1. Explain how you, as a social worker, might apply the grieving model you selected to your work with families in a hospice environment.
• Explain why you selected to use the grieving model you selected versus other models of grief.
2. Identify components of the grieving model that you think might be difficult to apply to your social work practice. Explain why you anticipate these challenges.
3. Identify strategies you might use for your own self care as a social worker dealing with grief counseling. Explain why these strategies might be effective.
Format your homework according to the give formatting requirements:
• The answer must be using Times New Roman font (size 12), double spaced, and typed, with one-inch margins on all sides.
• The response also includes a cover page containing the student's name, the title of the homework, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
• Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.