Jones v. Oklahoma City Public Schools (Ch 3, p 77) Case Questions
1. What was the legal issue in this case? What did the court decide?
2. How is the plaintiff able to establish a primafacie case of disparate treatment?
3. What reasons did the employer offer for its decision to reassign the employer offer for its decision to reassign the employee? What is the evidence that these might be pretext?
4. What does the court mean when it refers to a "pretext-plus standard"? How did the district court err in applying this standard?
5. What does it mean for age to be a "but-for" cause? Do you think that Jones will be able to prove age discrimination at trial? Why or why not?