The complexity and volume of patient data makes clinical decision support very challenging for health care providers. The field of Informatics can be used to process this data and form recommendations to assist these health care providers. Clinical decision support systems are used to help determine the nature of patients' disease state, determine a diagnosis, and develop a care plan. For your final project, select and evaluate one of the clinical decision support systems (CDSS) listed on pages 100-102 of your textbook
• clinical intent
• mechanisms of intervention
• methods of reasoning
2. Privacy and Security
• What privacy and security protections are built into the CDSS?
• What are some of the privacy and security concerns you think should be addressed to prevent unauthorized access?
• What other health information systems (EHR, CPOE, etc.) does the CDSS incorporate?
• What standards (ANSI, HL-7, UMLS, ASTM, etc.) does the CDSS utilize?
• What strategies could be used to ensure interoperability with other systems?
4. Incorporation of Internet Technologies
• How does the CDSS interact with the internet?
• What internet based standards does the CDSS incorporate (SGML, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)?
5. Data Integrity
• What are the sources of the data?
• List at least 10 data elements and permissible values for the data dictionary?
6. For your selected system, create a policy to ensure compliance with health information, data exchange or industry infrastructure standards.
Format your homework according to the give formatting requirements:
• The answer must be using Times New Roman font (size 12), double spaced, and typed, with one-inch margins on all sides.
• The response also includes a cover page containing the student's name, the title of the homework, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
• Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.