Answer the following ten questions using only your text and lecture notes as sources. Cite your answers, and be specific in your examples.
• Define the term "politics".
• Explain your understanding of the term "office politics" and why it is important to acknowledge its existence. This is covered in the lecture notes.
• Define "federalism". Give an example of something in your wallet that comes from the federal, state and special district levels of government.
• Define the terms "block grant" and "matching grant". What is the difference between them?
• Explain the Ninth (IX) Amendment. Who benefits from it?
• What are the "checks and balances" indicated in the Constitution? List and explain at least two.
• Explain why Article II of the Constitution is so vague as to the specific duties of the President?
• Explain the Supreme Court decision in District of Columbia vs. Heller. Which amendment is affected by this decision? Does this decision apply to the states?
• Define "direct democracy". Do we practice this in California? If so, explain how we implement this.
• What are "collective goods"? Explain the concept and illustrate it with an example.
The response must include a reference list. One-inch margins, double-space, Using Times New Roman 12 pnt font and APA style of writing and citations.