Homework: Industry Standards
Prior to attempting this homework, review the website. The use of voluntary consensus standards such as Health Level Seven (HL-7) are developed by accredited Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs) such as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). These standards are necessary to facilitate interoperability between health information systems. For this homework, you will use any health information technology website to research commonly used interoperability standards and vocabulary. You will also define each term and select and justify what you feel are the three most important terms.
1. You must include the following words and acronyms in your definition section of your paper: ANSI, HL-7, W3C, UMLS, ASTM, MeSH, ISO, SGML, XML.
2. Add at least three additional related acronyms found on the Incits web page.
3. Start a new paragraph and define each of the acronyms above and relate the standard to how it is used.
4. Explain the role of the standard in healthcare operations.
5. Explain why the three standards you selected are the most important.
Format your homework according to the give formatting requirements:
1. The answer must be double spaced, typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the homework, the course title, the student's name, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.