Allocate at least 1.5 hours in the field to support this field experience. This is a Block I Field Experience. In this block, your field experience must be completed before or after school, or another designated time when students are not present.
Observe, interview, and collaborate with an outside agency that supports K-12 public or private resource special education students and their families. In your discussion, select and address at least three parental challenges from the list below:
• Financial issues
• Limited opportunities for recreation and leisure
• Sibling issues
• Increased potential for marital problems
• Logistical issues such as transportation
• Frequent disability-related crises
In 250 to 500 words, reflect upon your observations, interview, and collaboration. Discuss potential solutions, strategies, and resources that could help parents facing the challenges you selected. In addition, explain how you plan to apply your findings to your practice as a professional.
View the "Teaming to Make a Difference" video. In a 250 to 500 word response, address the following:
- What are the four skills and examples discussed in the video that are necessary for successful teaming and integration of services for individuals with disabilities and their families?
- What are the different perspectives that individual team members offered on inclusion?
- What is the value of each team member and the importance of her or his contributions to their collective effort?
- Research a journal article for best practices on successful teaming and integration of services for individuals with disabilities and their families. Does the article support the video? Explain and provide the citation to your article.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.