Assignment: Email Harassment
Suppose you are an internal investigator for a large software development company. The Human Resources Department has requested you investigate the accusations that one employee has been harassing another over both the corporate Exchange email system and Internet-based Yahoo! email.
Write a four to five page paper in which you:
1. Create an outline of the steps you would take in examining the email accusations that have been identified.
2. Describe the information that can be discovered in email headers and determine how this information could potentially be used as evidence in the investigation.
3. Analyze differences between forensic analysis on the corporate Exchange system and the Internet-based Yahoo! System. Use this analysis to determine the challenges that exist for an investigator when analyzing email sent from an Internet-based email system outside of the corporate network.
4. Select one software-based forensic tool for email analysis that you would utilize in this investigation. Describe its use, features, and how it would assist in this scenario.
5. Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe and analyze practices in obtaining digital evidence.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop procedural techniques in crime and incident scenes.
• Describe processes in recovering graphic, mobile and email files.
• Use technology and information resources to research advanced issues in computer forensics.
• Write clearly and concisely about topics related to computer forensics planning using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.