Homework: Dismissal Meeting
Imagine that you are an office manager tasked with coordinating and leading the dismissal meeting for an organizational layoff.
1. Propose three ways, proven to be effective, that a manager can cope with negative emotions that accompany an organizational layoff.
2. Describe a detailed, step-by-step process for conducting a dismissal meeting.
3. Determine fair and equitable compensation, with justification, that the company may provide to the separated employee.
4. Create a chart depicting a fair and equitable timeline for disbursement of the compensation.
• Use Microsoft Word or an equivalent application, such as OpenOffice.
5. Predict three ways an organizational layoff can affect a company's future strategic direction.
6. Support your propositions, assertions, arguments, or conclusions with at least three credible, relevant, and appropriate sources synthesized in a coherent analysis.
Format your homework according to the give formatting requirements:
• The answer must be using Times New Roman font (size 12), double spaced, and typed, with one-inch margins on all sides.
• The response also includes a cover page containing the student's name, the title of the homework, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
• Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.