Assignment: Resistance And Communication
Using the organization that your instructor preapproved, diagnose the organization's level of resistance and construct a solid communication plan. Use a tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional video recorder to record a maximum of a five to seven minute dynamic video on the topics detailed below. Alternatively, you may submit a four to six page paper instead of the video submission.
Once you are ready to upload your video to Blackboard, click here to view the "Student Video Assignment Submission" video tutorial in the "Creating a Presentation for Your Course" playlist.
Prepare and present a video that is a maximum of five to seven minutes OR write a four to six page paper in which you:
1. Diagnose the reasons for resistance to change.
2. Interpret the potential causes of resistance in the organization. Identify and describe three potential causes of resistance to your change plan. Identify and describe three potential sources of resistance to your change plan.
3. Create a plan for minimizing possible resistance to your change management plan.
4. Elaborate on the relationship between resistance to change and communication.
5. Evaluate three communication strategies.
6. Recommend one communication strategy that would be applicable to your organization. Diagnose why this communication strategy is best for your organization.
7. Create a solid communication plan for your change initiative.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.