Homework: Writing a Treatment Plan
Everything that social workers do is an intervention; therefore, social workers develop treatment plans so that they can outline the purpose of treatment, assist in giving the client direction in the treatment process, allow the social worker to collaborate with the client, and help social workers and clients mark progress toward goals. Depending on where you work as a social worker, your funding source may be dependent upon your treatment plan.
In this Homework, you develop a treatment plan for a client. In real practice, you should never create a treatment plan without conducting a more thorough assessment and then collaborating with the client to mutually agree on goals and steps to implement the plan. For the purpose of this Homework, however, you explain how you might go about this process.
To prepare: Watch the video case study found in the Learning Resources. Then, go to the Walden Library and review literature related to interventions for this type of client or problem. Use this information to help develop an individual or family treatment plan for the identified client (Amy, Mrs. Bargas, or Bargas family) with whom you have chosen to work from the case study.
Submit 3 to 4 pages paper in which you:
1) Identify the client.
2) Describe the problems that need to be addressed.
3) Explain how you would work with the client to identify and prioritize problems.
4) Identify the related needs based on the identified problems.
5) Describe how you would utilize client strengths when selecting a strategy for intervention.
6) Identify at least two treatment plan goals.
7) Create at least one measurable objective to meet each goal.
8) Explain the specific action steps to achieve objectives.
9) Discuss evidence from the research literature that supports your intervention choices.
10) Describe what information is important to document in a treatment plan and explain why.
Format your homework according to the following formatting requirements:
(1) The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
(2) The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the homework, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
(3) Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.