Assignment: Information Security Governance
Information security management and governance are not simply implemented tasks within organizations. An information security governance program is a program that must be thoroughly planned, include senior-level management involvement and guidance, be implemented throughout the organization, and be updated and maintained. The International Organization for Standards (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) has created information security governance standards. Review the information security governance information provided by ISACA.
Write a 3-5 page paper in which you:
- Define the information security governance and management tasks that senior management needs to address.
- Describe the outcomes and the items that will be delivered to the organization through the information security program.
- Develop a list of at least five (5) best practices for implementing and managing an information security governance program within an organization.
- Develop a checklist of items that needs to be addressed by senior management, including priorities and needed resources.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.