Read and answer the following questions:
1. Define environment and cognitive.
2. Why is environment important in children's growth and development?
3. Why are the demands for quality early childhood programs on the increase?
4. Name three (3) common characteristics of high-quality early care and education programs.
5. List seven (7) additional concerns that parents should look for in quality programs.
6. How might a parent search for a quality program?
7. Define accreditation. What organization was responsible for voluntary accreditation in 1985? Why was this important?
8. Define licensing, regulations, compliance and registration.
9. What is the importance of having a license for a child care program?
10. List six (6) opportunities available for professional educational advancement.
11. Name five (5) clearly defined conditions for being issued a license to operate an early childhood program.
12. Define developmentally appropriate practices (DAP).
13. List seven (7) developmental areas for which high-quality education programs plan learning experiences.
14. Name six (6) important ways a program should address children's health needs.
15. Define notarized.
16. List eight (8) considerations for indoor safety (listed as subtitles).
17. List five (5) considerations for outdoor safety (listed as subtitles).
18. Define cryptosporidiosis.
19. List the four (4) requirements for child safety restraint systems according to weight/height/age. (one for infants and three for convertible seats)
20. Name three (3) considerations for children who are in transit.