Course Project: Proposal
Create a proposal of 2 pages that references one academic scholarly source for the research project you intend to complete. This project should engage at least one academic source, should include an introduction and thesis to the best extent that you know it at this point in time, and should locate a central controversy that requires deft and subtle handling. Be sure to adhere to APA style for in-text citation and final reference page. (No cover page is needed.)
Select a project from among those suggested.
Here are suggested topics:
- Compare and contrast society during the early Renaissance in Europe to contemporary society
- Compare and contrast human understanding of the nature of revenge prior to and after the creation of Hamlet
- Analyze the themes, imagery or interpretation of The Waste Land and describe how one or more of these are found in contemporary society
- Evaluate the work of Artemisia Gentileschi Renaissance Artist and interpret why she is considered an early feminist
- Analyze views of women's reproductive solutions in the 19th Century and interpret their historical and contemporary impact.
- Distinguish the essential differences between the major thought of Plato and Aristotle and use the information to illustrate the impact of philosophy on contemporary views on a given them (life, freedom, power, equality, and more)
- Examine views of warfare and battle throughout the ages and provide an interpretation that explains the evolution of the faceless war
- Analyze the impact of the Industrial Age and the rise of of capitalism and discuss the key features of both and their influence on contemporary society
- Investigate the history of slavery and discuss the ways in which this history impacts contemporary society