Case Scenario: Xavier Davis is a three-year-old child who was just diagnosed with autism. He has never had functional language and exhibits frequent tantrums in the form of crying, hitting, and throwing items. Xavier recently began receiving ABA therapy and is your new client. Xavier's grandmother, Mrs. Davis, is his guardian and wants his therapist to focus on teaching him the alphabet, shapes, colors, and numbers.
In this assignment, write a letter responding to Xavier's grandmother and include the following:
- The benefits of teaching mands.
- An analysis of the importance of teaching manding skills to Xavier first. Analyze, with (3) three scholarly support (Using in text citations and references in APA style).
- An explanation of the role that motivation plays in teaching manding.
- Explain, with examples, the relationship between manding and challenging behaviors in language appropriate for laypersons.
- List all 3 references used, be sure to use in text citations.