1. Discussion question (600 words)
Find at least 10 pieces of spam mail from any account, whether it be home, work, school or something else. Using the email headers, and any web site that might provide information , attempt to trace the spam mail back to its original source.
You will need the following materials
1. Collect the e-mails and view the e-mail header information in your e-mail program.
2. Find the "Received "field in the headers and write down as many DNS names or IP addresses as you can. Also look for common details in the header elements of the different messages, such as the e-mail servers and spammers.
2. Discussion question (600 words)
1. Compare and contrast port scanning and ping sweeps?
2. What is the best practice to employ to mitigate malware effects on a machine ?
3. Discussion question(600 words)
You have just completed a qualitative threat assessment of the computer security of your organization, with the impacts and probabilities of occurrence listed in the table that follows. Properly place the threats in a 3-by-3 table similar to that in figure 20.5 . which of the threats should you take action on, which should you monitor, and which ones may not need your immediate attention ?