Assignment: Medical Data Reporting Needs
Consider the two scenarios below, and then write a 1-page paper using proper spelling/grammar, addressing the items below each scenario.
Dr. Crunch is a busy orthopedist. He is increasingly challenged by his practice because he keeps working harder and still has some cash flow challenges. Dr. Crunch therefore asks a data analyst to prepare reports for his review to include:
• A table of his "Top 20 Procedures" - the high volume procedure codes he performed over the past 12 months.
• Total dollar payments received broken down by those procedures.
Based on the information provided in Scenario 1 above, address the items below:
1. What data sources and/or data systems would you suggest that an analyst might consult to generate these reports? Briefly explain your recommendations and be as specific as possible.
2. When Dr. Crunch gets the report, give two examples of ways you think he could use the information to restructure his practice and be sure to consider comparisons with local, regional, and national data for other orthopedists.
Dr. Serena is a Dermatologist. She serves a varied patient clientele, both young and old. She is curious about certain skin cancer cases she has been seeing, and she is wondering if the rates differ by age group. She has asked her analyst to extract a table listing all patients she treated for skin cancers (over past 3 years) that includes:
• Female or male
• Smoking status
• Zip code and city of residence
• Single vs. married
Based on the information provided in Scenario 2 above, address the items below:
1. Describe what kinds of data tables or databases would contain the information requested for Dr. Serena. Briefly explain why you chose those particular databases or tables. Be as specific as possible.
2. Explain how the doctor could use this information in her practice in at least two ways and be sure to consider quality of care, patient safety, and dermatology comparison data.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.