Cultural Empowerment Case Assignment
Read the Case Story "A Day in the Sleep Clinic".
After reading the story, click on the Activities link on the left side. Review Activity #1.
Address the following in a paper:
1. What aspects of Dr. Williams' behavior influence the decisions of the families he works with and possibly influence the ultimate health outcomes of their children?
2. What roles do culture, ethnicity, race, and socioeconomic status play in families' experiences in the health care system?
3. What factors, other than provider-patient communication, influence disparities in health outcomes?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Read the Case Assignment before accessing this website. There are certain parts you have to review. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (USDHHS), Maternal Child Health Bureau (MCHB) (2009). Core concepts in cultural competence.
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (2018). General format.
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (2018). In-text citations: The basics.
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (2018). Reference list: Basic rules.