Multiple choice questions:
1. The most scientifically valid research is ________ research.
2. More than any other group, the ________ cohort accepts cultural diversity and puts personal life ahead of work life.
World War II
leading-edge baby boomer
trailing-edge baby boomer
3. Core competencies tend to refer to areas of special technical and production expertise, whereas ________ tend to describe excellence in broader business processes.
core business values
4. With respect to the shortage of raw materials, air and water are classified as ________ resources. However, as we know, problems are beginning to plague both our air and water quality.
5. The firm should estimate its competitors' costs and performances as ________ against which to compare its own costs and performance.
6. In the famous case where Coca-Cola introduced New Coke after much research, the failure of New Coke was largely due to a marketing research barrier identified as ________.
a narrow conception of the research
uneven caliber of researchers
poor framing of the problem
late and occasional erroneous findings
personality and presentation differences
7. ________ consists of people, equipment, and procedures to gather, sort, analyze, evaluate, and distribute needed, timely, and accurate information to marketing decision makers.
A marketing information system
A marketing research system
A marketing intelligence system
A promotional campaign
A marketing database
8. ________ reflects a customer's judgment of a product's performance in relation to his or her expectations.
9. ________ are groups of individuals who are born during the same time period and travel through life together.
10. The identification and profiling of distinct groups of buyers who might prefer or require varying product and service mixes is known as ________.
partner relationship management
11. Marketers are particularly interested in the consumption of ________, as developing brand loyalty in this age group is likely to lead to the highest consumer lifetime value.
12. A social definition of marketing says ________.
effective marketing requires companies to remove intermediary parties to achieve a closer connection with direct consumers
a company should focus exclusively on achieving high production efficiency, low costs, and mass distribution to facilitate the broadest possible access to the company's products
marketing is a societal process by which individuals and groups obtain what they need and want through creating, offering, and freely exchanging products and services of value with others
marketing is the process of extracting maximal value from consumers to facilitate corporate growth
marketing is the process of aggressive selling and promotion to encourage the purchase of products that might otherwise be unsought by the consumer
13. ________ for a product is the total volume that would be bought by a defined customer group in a defined geographical area in a defined time period in a defined marketing environment under a defined marketing program.
14. Traditionally, most businesses focused on stockholders. Today, the focus is on what are called ________.
supply chain relationships
15. The company's marketing information system should be a cross between what managers think they need, what managers really need, and ________.
what the marketing research department is able to do
what consumers are willing to share
what the competition is doing
what is acceptable industry practice
what is economically feasible
16. Which of the following types of tests shows a picture and asks respondents to make up a story about what they think is happening or may happen in the picture?
Completely unstructured question
Thematic Apperception Test (TAT)
17. ________ activities include those the company undertakes to make the product accessible and available to target customers.
18. A company with a ________ may be held back by low brand awareness, low brand availability, benefit deficiencies, and high price.
high market-penetration index
high share-penetration index
low market-penetration index
low share-penetration index
none of the above
19. Market-penetration, product-development, and market-development strategies would all be examples of ________ strategies.
20. Market-driven organizations tend to excel in three distinctive capabilities: ________, customer linking, and channel bonding.
fulfilling customer needs
21. Which of the following is not an example of a valid advertising message in PharmaSim?
22. Allround has the highest awareness and brand trials of any brand.
23. Allstar currently offers three different brands on the market.
24. The "team leader" is only person who can advance the simulation.
25. What are the objectives of Allround's brand management team?
Maintain long-term profitability
Maintain market share
A and B only
A, B, and C
26. You can discontinue a brand at any time.
27. Any team member can purchase research.
28. What is the maximum allowable analgesic in a four-hour dose of medication based on FDA regulations?
There are no restrictions on analgesics