The purpose of the Final Paper is to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of the organizational communication concepts and skills that you have learned throughout this course.
Imagine that you are proposing a new communication structure for an organization. Write a formal proposal in which you discuss at least five concepts that you feel are most important for successful communication within an organizational setting. Explain why these concepts are necessary for successful communication and how best to implement them within an organization.
Examples of concepts that you may choose to use are active listening, organizational culture, conflict resolution, key principles of human communication, leadership strategies, formal and informal communication, etc.
Your information for this paper should not be based on your own opinions; you should back up your information with research. The research may include readings from this course or from outside sources. In total, your paper should include at least five sources with at least two from the Ashford University Library. This is a formal paper and should include proper grammar, complete sentences, appropriate paragraphs, and correct citations/references in proper APA style. Along with explaining the communication concepts and including the research, you can also use your personal experiences to explain the research that you are presenting in your paper.The paper should be eight to ten pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You should use at least five scholarly sources (two of which should be found in the Ashford University Library) other than the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on you're the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
• Should be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
• Should include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student's name
o Course name and number
o Instructor's name
o Date submitted
• Should begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
• Should address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
• Should end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
• Should use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
• Should document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
• Should include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.