Create a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Determine, within the health care setting, the main features, capabilities, and operational benefits to a health care organization using the following:
a. patient care applications
b. management and enterprise systems
c. e-Health applications
d. strategic decision-support applications
Provide specific examples of each.
2. Assume that you are a senior health service administrator responsible for the health information systems within your organization, and create an argument to be presented to the leaders with the organization that a strategic plan is essential for the IM / IT. Indicate the most significant elements that the administrator should address in the plan. Provide support for the rationale.
3. Assess the importance of a systems development life cycle as it pertains to both the development of a custom application, coupled with the selection of proprietary systems. Provide an example to support the response.
4. Recommend the key element necessary to ensure secure access to health care and patient information within a health care management electronic system. Provide support for the recommendation.
5. Make at least two (2) recommendations for improving the application of systems theory to health care IM / IT governance and planning. Provide specific examples to support the response.
6. Use at least four (4) quality resources
Your assignment should follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references should follow APA or school-specific format.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are excluded in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes are:
• Determine the main features and capabilities of patient care applications, management and enterprise systems, e-Health applications, and strategic decision-support applications within the health care setting.
• Analyze the process of developing a strategic information system plan and determine its basic components.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the systems development life cycle as it pertains to both the development of a custom application and the selection of proprietary systems.
• Assess the need for and determine the methods of accomplishing the security of information systems.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in health information systems.
• Write clearly and concisely about health information systems using proper writing mechanics.